Sunday, April 29, 2012

Tattooing - burning desire / the path to the future

There are so much youngsters that  just do what their family/ other people want(s) them to when it comes to getting a job. That´s because of the pressure everyone builds up on you - Become something mightier and better! Earn much money! Be someone that gains respect in the world! But is following the way that others lead you that one thing that makes you happy? For the most it is not.

I´ve been like this... I followed. Until the day I realised that there is something that I´m really passionate about. And that thing is tattooing. I´m aware if it now and I´m thankful for that, even if some people say: What??? You studied at an university! Why the heck do you want to downgrade yourself to be a tattoo artist??? Because I follow my own way now and not that of somebody else! For them it might be a downgrade but for me, for my level of happiness in life, it´s a sh*t load of an upgrade!

I´m not in an apprenticeship right now ´cause I have some health issues to deal with first. But I know a very cool guy who runs his own tattooshop and he gives me some tips here and there. He told me the first thing to do would be to get myself a tattoo machine. Just to get the feeling.
I was lucky - my granny bought me a set for my birthday!


by Killer Ink


She´s a very tolerant and cheeky grandma! She likes the idea of me becoming a tattoo artist and voluntarily offered me to ink a bird on her forearm (´cause she likes birds!). But on the other hand she doesn´t like tattoos on her granddaughter. It´s crazy :-)

So now I practice on pig skin until my day will come. Here are some of my works. The black spots on the skin around and in the tattoos are shreds that have been in the pig skin as I got it - soaked with black ink. Maybe from the tires of a vehicle that ran over the skin??? I don´t know... just ignore it ;-)

First try - had no stencil, just started to tattoo.  

Second try - still without stencil.
The same thing... no stencil.
First one WITH a stencil... made from a drawing done by me. My cat Nox in sugarskull style.


Follow your dreams!
XoXo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...