Sunday, April 15, 2012

Flowers Of The Universe

Hello everyone!

Wanna show you a painting of mine. It´s the newest and the first you will see until I´ve prepared the art section on this blog. Got this pic ready today. 

It´s 60x60x4cm and it took about 9 hours of my time to finish it (spreaded over 4 days). That makes it one of the easiest because I got several other pics I drew that took me much longer (like 2 giant ones: 25 and about 30 hours spreaded over days and weeks. I almost died :-))) ).



I´m ok with the outcome, though I´m always a bit dissatisfied! Maybe that is the perfectionist speaking within me.

By the way: I specially made it for an art contest here in Germany. There are really great prices to be won. But when this painting is sold after the exhibition the money will go to an organisation that helps patients who survived a stroke. Think this is a good thing so I´ll donate it, too.

Wish me luck!!!

---

Some steps from the beginning to a finished painting.


In this picture you can see that the background, the basis color of the flower and some shades are applied. There are some ledger lines left...

Finalized the pistil and the caulis...

 ...and after the moon came up the flowers started to shine and glow :-D


---

PS: You will find this picture by clicking the "Art by Kat" - Tab , too.


XoXo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...